I'm a simple girl with a li'l dream, of seeing her humble works in exquisite print, to share with all who feels for words, written with
an unsupressable urge. So indugle in my fantasies, and plow your way through my memories, greatly appreciated you will be,
if you can leave your comments here for me.


Sunday, October 02, 2005

You Don't Know Me

Capricorns seemed to be the most misunderstood character in the zodiac. They always seemed strong and confident, but many times, they feel really vulnerable. Solid on the outside, raw on the inside.

I personally know a few Caps, one of whom is a male colleague from my department. In fact, both of us were born on Jan 10. How uncannily coincidental. Another "dear friend" (as he so like to address me) was a Jan 18 baby. Like every other Cap i know, they are both Smart. Eloquent. Confident. Charismatic. Ambitious.

However, deep down inside, they wished to be understood. Because, no one seems to understand their intentions, thoughts, actions and even words. Many times they give up explaining, because it would be translated as a defensive reaction. Sometimes, the more they justify, the deeper the misunderstanding.

So they conceal their feelings so well that no one could ever penetrate their vulnerability. They want people to know they are fine, nothing ruffles them, and hence, they often put on a nonchalant front. They laugh it off. Or make a joke out of it.

But some things do affect them.

Things like comments from people who they care about. The inability to express themselves correctly (and hence the misunderstandings). The pressure they get from people around them to be strong always - simply because they have always been so. Any display of their weakness throws their close ones off balance. The need to hide their pessismistic and negative outlook on certain issues. And last but not least, the expectations to be a dependable friend, lover, family, colleague.

So they think a lot about other people, and hardly for themselves. Many times, they beat themselves up over the fact that they have not done enough, even if they had. Harsh judgements from people they love just crush them, and by instinct, most Caps would withdraw into an awfully hard shell so that they could nurse their wounds in silence while maintaining a strong front.

The best way to see if a Cap is wounded, hurt or sad is to look at them straight into their eyes - and all is revealed. Caps love affection, but they are usually afraid to show it, so they erect an invisible wall around them to ensure that their feelings are fortified and protected.

I am not an expert in horoscopes, so maybe some Caps may think I am sprouting rubbish. Hence I am just going to put in a disclaimer - that the above analysis is seriously based on my own point of view, and observations of other similar Caps like myself.

Tonight seems like a good night for wine. It relaxes my nerves and helps me sleep. I have not written a poem for a long time. Hopefully I will get some inspiration soon. For now, it's just wine. And that's good enough.

Because other than wine and my music, I cannot find comfort anywhere else.

Because no one can ever understand what a Cap needs, feels or thinks. Even after they have expressed what they want, no one can comprehend what they really, really need.

Because a Cap is expected to be strong - so they can only seek solace and comfort in solitude. Be it a passion, a dysfunctional lifestyle, or for me, simply wine and music.

That's how it is for us. The most misunderstood people on earth. And it gets very lonely at times to be where we are.

But we are strong. So we go on with tomorrow like what we have done today. Smile. Be happy. Move on. :)

78 comments:

Mini_viv said...

Well I think Cap is an open book with hidden meanings within the book itself. Libra is straight-forward and always there to give a fair analystical point of view on personal issues. I do have a few Cap friends and compared between you and her, you are definately a Cap that i'm really proud of. Smart, capable, pretty but conceal her unhappiness under her cheerful face. Though I know you not as long as some of your long-time galfrens, I know that what I comment or say about you affects you a lot. You know that coz you know I CARE!I'm not 100% perfect but I do want to be that "hand" that pull you out from that unhappiness.I know it's ain't an easy task but i'm willing to face that challenge and lend you my shoulder when you need me.:)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was out blog surfing looking for more detailed information on internet home businesses when I came to your blog. Obviously I got off track somewhere, but I am certainly glad that I did! Would you mind if I link to you from my "favorites" page? Thanks. :)

Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

Yo Viv baby! U da BESTEST. Love u! You make me smile.... :)

Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

Anonymous: Thanks for your note. Well, if you do not mind sharing your name and your webby address, I think I shld not have a problem with you linking my blog. Just identify yourself? Thanks!

Bee said...

i m not a "Cap", but i understand what u r saying, and i could call u "my twin". :P

SugarBoyfriend said...

Dear chiobu,

I am an ardent believer of zodiac signs as well. So your entry really struck a cord.

Well just wanted to stop by and say thanks for posting in my blog.

From the way you post this entry I get a sense that your mood not very good... hehe I am a Cancerian and we are supposed to be sensitive.

I not Kay Poh so dun wanna intrude. But I hope whatever is bothering you goes away soon. It's cliche but life is really too short to feel down for too long... and in a way happiness is a choice..

ok lah.. not in my character to be serious.. so enough of the sensible crap.. take care!

juz_A_ga| said...

I'm not very familiar with horoscopes that are not taurean-related, but i think i have a friend who's a cap and she does seem to fit the description you give. thanks for the insight.

Bee said...

I don't believe in horoscope, but occassionally I do read to amuse myself when bored when it happened to pop up at my window.

Just to share the 4 "Pisces" guys I know to show why I don't believe in it and don't take it seriously. I shall call these 4 guys A, B, C and D.

A, B and C are very sensitive guys.

A and B have some similarity, as in both loves to draw & have lots of creativity, but they are still different. A is very skeptical about unseen things/people whereas B have high trust and faith in the unseen/unknown... both are my very good friends.

I don't see much creativity in C and he is too quiet and shy, unlike A and B who are more bold in initiating a conversation with females.

D and A share same birthday, but D is totally different from A in character and personality, except both are short. It's almost impossible to get along with D.

Sorry if it sounds very confusing... it is, and that's why.:P

Just my observation.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes...Miss Tan, may I know who is starlandliu found in your blog's comment? If I not wrong, he was the top 1 player ranked in gaming world of 2004 last year. A very "unbeatable" and "highly sophisticated" player found in the ranker...^_^ :)

Anonymous said...

dun depend on zodiacs...witches practiced them in the past =( it will control you if you're not careful..

Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

hey peeps. thanks for the comments. again, whatever i wrote is purely out of observation. Not that i believe in zodiacs. just saying these peeps display the same characteristics as described by the zodiacs. Of course it does not apply to everyone. So there are always variations. Just read it as any normal entry ya?

Anonymous said...

ok, as you wish for. Good Luck in your zodiac fate!

Anonymous said...

This blog is very pleasant to read...=)) I mean, seriously!!

-g

Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

Leave your name la anonymous.....

Anonymous said...

Is there any problem for not letting out my name, miss tan?
Please tell me who is starlandliu, the world's 1st gaming player????
However, the annoymous at 12.44AM is not me!

Anonymous said...

hehheheh, I guess jade had reveal me out, check out his comment.
BYE!

Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

He is a smart guy what.

Jade Falcon Elite said...

Jade is no smart guy. He is Bird Brain.

Chinese Societies Group, Starlandliu said...

ok, whoever bird brain is it.

I know miss tan is a very nice young lady....keep it up!

Read the recents comments on jade's blog for some ideas, thanks a lot and good luck in your job!

also_anonymous said...

Jade, I can't agree more.

Non-prude said...

you people are naive or what? western zodiac is only about the month that you are born in. How specific and personal can that get? There are tons of people born in that month every year. Chinese versionlooks at your BA1 ZI4, which takes into account the year, month, day and time. It also involves ying and yang and the 5 elements. Now that's more exacting, and specific and therefore more accurate. It has survived 5000 years of scrutiny and sckepticism. It has no religious background (which is inherently true of Chinese culture) and so can suit the prudish christian trait that some of you have...

(prudish = someone above talk about zodiac being about witch-craft and should not be dabbled with = my personal source that some high-ranking librarians in charge of book-buying at national library board want to impose their own belief that harry porter should not be put on our library shelf because it is about witch craft, onto every singaporean library visitors = Straits Times had a forum page letter about a teacher who incite his PRIMARY school student to go against parents' wish and attend bible group).

non-prude said...

You are 10 Jan 1975 which is the year of tiger, or 10 Jan 1976, which is year of rabbit?
Your sign

Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

'75 is the year of the rabbit and '76 is the year of the dragon if I am not wrong. I am early part of '76 - so that makes me a rabbit.

In any case, I think everyone is entitled to their opinion. You have your own, they have theirs. Don't think we should call each other names and put them down just because they do not share the same opinions as you.

You can always make a comment here without labelling others as prudish etc... otherwise that would come across as what the teacher is doing isn't it? Inciting others to look at things your way in other not to "sound prudish"?

Just my two cents worth....

Jade Falcon Elite said...

oh its definitely worth more than 2 cents!

Seriously, I doubt accuracy is the issue here. Its just a general observation about capricorns. No big deal right? Relax la........

"non-prude" is wrong, should be "B.C." said...

>>I think everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Yes. But *no* one is entitled to impose their opinion on people of other faith through abusing their authority, as is the case in the examples of the librarian and the teacher that I pointed out. You missed this important distinction in your general statement.


>>You have your own, they have theirs

I have my own (opinion), which I merely commented here. They have theirs which they propagate by abusing their authority. That's the diff that you don't seem to grasp.


>> Don't think we should call each other names and put them down just because they do not share the same opinions as you.

You got the "just because" part wrong. It is very ok and appropriate and I may add, justified to call others name and put them down *because* they misuse and abuse their position to propagate their religion to people of different faith.

>>otherwise that would come across as what the teacher is doing isn't it?

Of course not. A teacher should not be mis-using his authority to preach religion. Parents did not send their children to school expecting a science/math/english teacher to be attempting to convert their buddhist/muslim child to christianity. Likewise, when I pay tax and GST, I dont expect a librarian to ban harry porter from my national library just because she thinks it is against her christian belief. These people are misusing their positions whereas I am not. That's the diff.


>>Inciting others to look at things your way in other not to "sound prudish"?

Wrong. There is no such thing as "my way" or "your way". Nobody should abuse their authority to impose their faith on others. That's "the way". If anybody does that (as in the librarian and teacher example I gave), we are entitled to call them names.

But, I regret calling them "prudish". It's the wrong word. It should be "bloody christians" instead i.e. some "bloody christians" think that by banning harry porter from the library (thereby abusing their position as librarian), or by preaching the bible to their pupils (thereby misusing their authority as an english/math teacher), they are promoting their religion. Wrong! They are sowing hatred and disgust towards their religion.

When was the last time you visited the library? The last time i went, in the children's section of a branch library, there were numerous multiple-copies of the same titles of biblical story books occupying 3 shelves, with the other 3 major religions' children story books sharing just 1 shelf. The librarian who did that was obviously thinking that she is doing her religion a favour by **abusing** her book-buying authority. Wrong! She is creating disgust that people have towards her dear religion. I dont think it is an exaggeration to call these people "bloody christians". I was being too polite yesterday... You shouldn't be siding with such people. They are damaging the name of your religion. If you followed the link I gave earlier, you should have read the disgust that people have towards such seditious (hmm.. we all learnt this word well recently, thanks to the govt :) behaviour!

Jade Falcon Elite said...

I think u should have a chat with ShapeshifterLiu. U two will enjoy talking to each other. Both of u have very strong opinions.

This is Elvina's Blog. Its her world. Let her speak what she wants. She could always delete ur comments right? Aiya. Cannot please everyone right? I am a free thinker but also will be shot down by whomsoever.

I think frog also kena "frog insult". Aiya, relax la... Got more important things to think about than religious differences and subjective opinions. Cheem leh...... Can go for easier topics? Me bird brain la...

non-prude and non-bootlicker said...

I find you (jade) really have a big personality issue. As I browse through this girl's blog, practically for every single entry she wrote, you gave a comment praising her. And for every comment posted by from someone you perceive as a newcomer, you made sure that this new guy knows: "I know this girl personally", and you write like this consistently everytime.. no exceptions! (verify it yourself). Oh, you also censure
other people's comment on her behalf.. all the time, plus priase other's comment, on her behalf too! hahaha!

What basically is your problem man? unrequited love? self-proclaimed big brother aka bodyguard? Geee... I have read many blogs and their comments. Never have I found this kind of strange "relationship/ behaviour" exisiting between a blogger and a commentator.. until now!

>> This is Elvina's Blog. Its her world. Let her speak what she wants

That's right. You, please, kindly let her speak what she wants ... without your must-protect-my(?)-little-girl attitude...

>> Can go for easier topics? Me bird brain la..

sure.. if I were commenting on your blog! Am I? See what I mean? censuring/ speaking on behalf.... :) Get a life man!

non-prude is being too frank! said...

Other blogs I visited: Blogger <--> readers
Thig blog: Elvina <--> Jade <--> blog reader?

Have it occured to you, jade, that perhaps she was being too polite to not have told you to not be the middleman* all the time? :)

* you can verify this yourself by looking at all your comments in all her postings

Bee said...

hmmn... your blog has become another "war zone" now, elvina. :(

if u need to 'run' please tell me ok?

Jade Falcon Elite said...

There is one big difference between u and me, prude or non-prude or dunno what prude u r. I am a verifiable blogger while u r jus some anonymous person hiding behind a nick.

Hmmm... Anyway i dun blame u for not understanding Elvina and Jade. Friends help one another. I dun see a problem with my comments. R u saying u dun even have a friend who would say nice things about u when u r attacked?

Personality? u have alot? Geez... look at yourself. Coming to people's blog and comment like that is unnecessary.

Say all u wan la.... doesn't matter. Hahaha...

Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

Well well. This 'war of the words' totally threw me off. Wasn't really expecting this when I logged in this morning.

First of all, non-prude. In response to your comment above about your comments on prudish christians - I am merely telling you not to label the people who have commented on this blog "prudish".

My focus has always been the comments that you are directing to the bloggers here, because of the "religious conflict" that you have encountered with those teachers and librarians. i agree there are black sheep around, and they do exist in all religions, not just among Christians.

So when you say I don't seem to grasp what you are saying - I seem to feel the same about you.

Simply because, you wrote this:

>> You got the "just because" part wrong. It is very ok and appropriate and I may add, justified to call others name and put them down *because* they misuse and abuse their position to propagate their religion to people of different faith.

I have no issues with you saying that cos the focus is on these people who ABUSE their authority. The bloggers here did not. They merely commented - and all I wanted you to know is that you should not call them names. Whatever issues you have with those other people in libraries or schools, it's really your freedom to express it anywhere you want. That's all. Maybe I wasn't clear then but I hope it is now.

Second, if you are angry or upset about someone or some "religious group", calling them "bloody christians" will not make you any better than them will it? You are merely acting like them, except that you are not a Christian. Why stoop to their level by ranting like that? Wouldn't change a thing at all, would it? Does a non-
Christian who behaves badly and hurl insults at other people, any better, holier, kinder, more sensitive, more reasonable than a Christian who does the same? Maybe not. The judgement is probably harsher on Christians simply because they are "Christians". If we call them Mormoms or Buddhists, then maybe the judgement will be milder?

So, Christians or not, people who generally behaves in an irresponsible, irrational, disrespectful, and absolutely disregard other people's feelings are just equally absurb.

I feel that if one should point a finger at other people, they should always remember four other fingers are facing inwards towards themeselves (unless you always point all 5 fingers at people!).

Hence, I would always ask myself- am I that "holy", "aboveboard", "sinless", "pure" and perfect, that it gives me the right to judge others for their shortcomings, flaws and bad behaviour?

I have to admit that I am a woman of many flaws and shortcomings, so I will always TRY not to insult or hate the people who have angered or bullied me - because I am no better than them if I do so, and maybe, I'd probably even have behaved in a similar antagonistic way to some other people at some point in my life without realizing it.

Therefore I try. Not to be a better person for you or other people, but really, just for myself.

I am not here to preach that all Christians are saints or holy, but surely not all are "evil".

JF probably thinks of Christians the same way as you do too, but he probably would choose another platform or another way to voice his great disgust for Christians. And probably in a less opinionated/subjective /antagonistic way?

I sincerely feel that with your powerful command of the English language, it's really a waste to use it so frivously on sliming Christians, when it could have been used to change some of the things that have been upsetting you.

Write to the forum, start a blog to generate awareness on these issues, send letters to MCYS, MOE; do whatever you can by using the power of the pen. Write and write until you get someone's attention. You may get somewhere than vent your frustrations here.

The last thing I wan to know is, who are you really? As much as I appreciate your comments, I'd like to know the person behind the Non-Prude nick. Anonymous people makes me nervous.....really...

Bee said...

"The last thing I wan to know is, who are you really? As much as I appreciate your comments, I'd like to know the person behind the Non-Prude nick. Anonymous people makes me nervous.....really.."

Well said, Elvina! That's why I will never respond to any "Annoymous" readers' comments at my blog. Now you know why I always have to 'run'. Perhaps you need a new 'home' too?

Jade Falcon Elite said...

Winners dun quit, quitters dun win. U can run but u cannot hide. While some others believe that after they run, their blogs disappear? No. It is really easily found.

There is no need to hide from these anonymous nicks. Delete them, ignore them, upgrade the security of the comments posting by registered bloggers only. There are many methods other than running.

Remember, u can run but u cannot hide. Meanwhile for others who likes to run, runbabyrun.

Well said Elvi gal.

Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

Bee dear,
This is probably where we differ. I am not one to run. Nor hide. I have known too many people in my life who love to run and hide because of their fears and insecurities. Not me.

I prefer to face issues and challenges in my life head-on. Not cos I am suicidal, but I believe the more you run, the worse you will feel, because your issues will never get resolved. What's more, problems always seem to have a way to snowball, so I rather clear the shit out of the way as they come.

I would suggest you stop running. Strength lies in believing in yourself, and not letting people take that away from you. You care too much about what others think. Live for yourself (and the Lord of course) - and for those you love.

As for the rest - who careS?????? Haha......

Pecekeeper, Starlandliu said...

Can you guys and ladies stop all your war?

This time round, I going to solve the problem and help you all to clear war once again and also this is the last ever comment I leave on your blog as a peacekeeper to cut misunderstanding as a neutral line.


For non-plude or this or that:
Mr. you certain have a good points of something you don't like. But it is wrong to blasted other's blog like Tan just because you two had different view on life. Tried to accepted others way of livings and doings?
Anyway, I am already too much bombing her blog the last time but this time you are even more "mucher" than me.
Read back the posts and comments on jade's blog and you will find that I was commenting the way as you do!

For Tan:
Now, I am neutral now instead of pointing right at you.
You too, has a very good point.
However, you must always cool down and think in this way which will help you certainly:
1. why is he commenting so harashing, is anything on your posts had offended him??

2.what he said maybe a positive and negative views, sit down and think for a long time, maybe you are wrong and he is right or he is wrong and you are right, maybe la but I can't said anything as a neutral line.

3.Since he hates christian so much, find out from him why this why that, maybe something is wrong out there?

4.about annoymous, anyone had this very rights not to revealed thier own identities in other's blog because if he is making sensitive issues on governments, races and religous, the polices may find his comment and cracked him down?

ok, that's all.

For jade,
Same too, tried to figure out why people are commenting so stiffness on a blog.
Not to based on your ideas and shoot other without a think-through
why?what?how?when?....
How can you said non-plude has no friends and insults his introvert?
What happens if this is his very weakness and you could have hurt him very very badly. He is just venting out his own angerness, let him be lah! don't shoot at him causing great damaged and more crazier comment after that.

I really hope that this solution can help everyone to cool down and solve thier disagreement in a friendly and gentle manner.

This comment is a neutral based and will be my very last comment.
I hope my last comment can boost peace instead of war.

Let there be peace between you and non-plude...

Bee said...

JF said: "Remember, u can run but u cannot hide. Meanwhile for others who likes to run, runbabyrun."

hahaha... I 'run' and 'hide' for awhile only la... just need to cool myself down first, but will soon let others know my new 'home' again. See, I announced my 'home' already. It's just that simple! I can beg u if I really want to hide from u or others forever, u all will not be able to find me.... hehe.

Anyway, JF, u r not my enemy la... never was. :)


Elvina said: "This is probably where we differ."

Ya, I agree. I was like u before... but I have changed over the years, and learn to take advice not to waste my breathe with 'mockers'. Need to conserve my limited energy la.

Jade Falcon Elite said...

Young Bee,
The truth about hiding is that whoever hides really does want to be found. Adam and Eve hid from God but was found still. Ok God's seeking techniques were better but the idea of Hide And Seek still applies.

Anyway, I have not lambasted u in public blogs at all except for private "nasty" email. I always believed in solving critical problems behind closed doors. Coz u will not know the info which u have revealed is true or not. Leave it to God to decide for u.

As to your "mockers", I do know one thing: Jesus did not behave like us all did he? So lets continue our journey.

To Elvi,

"Strength lies in believing yourself." Sounds familiar leh.... this believe in yourself thing. Kekeke.....

To everyone about ShapeshifterLiu aka Peacekeeper for now,

Ain't he adorable?? Gosh... I was like laughing hilariously! No offence la ShapeshifterLiu, I expected that u can give a good speech and indeed ur speech is marvellous! Hahaha.... though i had some tough moments deciphering what u r saying. Still like what i expected, u r always full of ideas! Kekeke....

So lets see what we have got in as Guest in Hotel Solace:
1. Bee
2. ShapeshifterLiu
3. Falcon
4. Mel
5. errr...... who else? kekeke...

Enjoy a good life everyone.

Richard said...

Your feelings are reflective of the majority of (if not all) people - not just Capricornians.

Your comments could equally well apply to me (an Aquarian) - except for looking into my eyes and seeing all revealed.

“Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time”. ~J. Lubbock

Bee said...

aiyo... i think elvina can consider starting a forum liao.... 38 comments above this...gosh!!

JF said: "Anyway, I have not lambasted u in public blogs at all except for private "nasty" email. I always believed in solving critical problems behind closed doors. Coz u will not know the info which u have revealed is true or not. Leave it to God to decide for u."

Ya, never mention your name even once... even when my 'mirror" asked me lei... hehe. I also don't believe in identifying people in public la. Anyway, u r welcome to visit my blog if u so choose... i have got no hard feeling. *peace* :)

Jade Falcon Elite said...

Ok, then let me make this the 40th comments post! Hehehe....

B, I've always been ok though I was upset initially. Anyway, someone somewhere somehow has gotta let go, if not, we all can't move on.

My main concern now is Elvi Girl. She worries me. She knows it. Yet I feel somewhat inadequate to do anything.

non-prude said...

>> Elvina said: The judgement is probably harsher on Christians simply because they are "Christians".

nonsense. I wonder where you get this strange "christians are being persecuted" mentality because clearly in the singapore context, it is the bloody christians who are going around irritating everybody by abusing their authority as teachers, by preaching in front of mosques, by branding what is purely cultural (eg. kneeling down to parents during chinese wedding tea ceremony is the chinese way of showing respect, and is analogous to saluting, to bowing, to shaking hands, to taking off a hat) as religious (kneeling down and offering food is of course worshipping according to our little book. These chinese worships their own living parents! christians cannot do that! must ban!) and hence creating conflicts in family etc. No other religion's followers do such crazy things. So you people are persecuting others, not others persecuting you people, my dear elvina!

Nobody is judging them harshly (calling people who abuses their professional authority to spread religion "bloody christians" is not being harsh. It is an appropriate verbal-only response to a barbaric physical action). And nobody is judging them "harsher" (the comparative "harsher" can exist only if there is something else to compare to, but since in singapore no other religion is doing the same disgusting thing, your accusations and side-tracking attempt is wrong).


>> If we call them Mormoms or Buddhists, then maybe the judgement will be milder??

Of course not milder. That's purely an accusation of unfairness with no basis. In the Singapore context, the mormons and the buddhists (and I may add, all other religions' followers) did not do anything like that,so nobody is judging them. simple as that.


>>I sincerely feel that with your powerful command of the English language,

Thank you. Coming from someone who can write so many poems, I feel flattered :)


>> Write and write until you get someone's attention. You may get somewhere than vent your frustrations here.

Ok lah. I get your hint. Actually, I was merely making a "by-the-way" kind of comment. didn't (and still dont) intend it to be a venting of frustration. If you dont like, I wont comment anymore. But dont you get bored listening to only good things being said? You write one simple entry and everybody go say good things about you. Buay sian meh? criticism is the best teacher, you know? :) eg. after reading what I wrote, maybe you will become more mindful (to continue) not to abuse any authority in your tourism work to anyhow promote christianity using public fund, in the guise of tourism, for example. More productive than listening to Miss Bee and Mr Jade doing their "well done", "good job" type of empty praises! hahaha!


>> The last thing I wan to know is, who are you really? As much as I appreciate your comments, I'd like to know the person behind the Non-Prude nick. Anonymous people makes me nervous.....really...

I admire your courage to put up your photos and your age and even the industry you work in! You are more courageous than me (now, that's the right use of a comparative. "harsher" is a misuse). dont say "nervous" lah, "curious" is more like it. Male, a few years your senior.. I hope that satisfy your curiosity :)

non prude said...

Jade said: My main concern now is Elvi Girl. She worries me. She knows it. Yet I feel somewhat inadequate to do anything


Still insisting on your self-proclaimed "Elvina is my(?) little girl, I am her big brother who must stand in between her and her reader" mentality huh? *shake head* Maybe she is too polite to tell you off, but geessh, how come you can never get the hint? :)

"non-prude" is a bad nick. I need to find another one said...

xiao (you where got lao?) niang told me: "You are merely acting like them, except that you are not a Christian".

How can that be? *amused* On one side of the ring is "them", who initiate an abuse of authority and performance of seditious stuff. On the other side of the ring are "you/me", who is retaliating after having been provoked. How can a retaliation be called "acting like" an initiation?


xiao niang further said: Why stoop to their level by ranting like that?"

Where got "stoop to their level"? Making a purely-verbal comment of "bloody christian" (which is not even vulgar by my standard) in a non face-to-face context, is clearly different from the "level" of a teacher abusing his position and preaching to his primary school pupil to attend his church meetings and to disobey his parents.

Way way above their level, I would say!

Jade Falcon Elite said...

Whoever u r, u r such a joke. I am no christian.

U talk as if u r some intellectual lecturer on religious issues. Talking as an anonymous doesn't even give u any standings of any sort. If u have any strong opinions on such issues, u could jolly well write in to the FORUM in Straits Times and state your point. U dun get it do it, whatever prude u r? Elvina is just being polite with u. Its not about me being a big brother to her. This has never been an issue. U dun go into people's "house" aka blog, and criticize this and that when u dun even own a "house" or blog?

Go set up for yourself a blog and state your view points then let us come in and shoot ur written contents daily as anonymous. No one likes that. No real bloggers like negative comments. We live with it. But your comments are irresponsible and carry little weight. So what if u r senior in age? It only goes to show that u r a not a prude but a prick. Elvina is too nice to raise an argument with you. She is diplomatic. I dun need to be.

Instead of being wiser at your age, sadly the opposite is true. In the context of the written blog world, u r no different from being a "terrorist". I am no christian. I am extremely critical of christians but I absolutely disagree with you on your assessment of christian people. I find some of them insincere and superficial however, they have not quite abused their positions of authority. U dun even have a case here because ur statements are illogical and irrelevant.

Here is Elvina's thoughts on her own subjective world, what has that got to do with an anonymous prick? U dun even have the least courage to identify yourself and yet show your "guts" by telling ur illogical unproven stories here.

Actions speak louder than words. What have you shown? Have u joined any protest groups? At least Elvina joins the Youth Movement and helps out. U talk alot but have little to prove. Show yourself rather than blabbering behind an anonymous nick in which no real bloggers appreciate.

And yes, get the hint, your comments here are unwelcomed. Go do this at Xiaxue's blog or some other more prominent blogger's blog.

Peacekeeper, Starlandliu said...

......looks like peacekeeper had to be back once again.

Hiyoya! I thought that my last comment will solve all problems but end up...MORE wars and conflicts after that.

What had actually happen?
non-plude?
jade?
tan?
others?

Read the problem-solving solutions above this, I wrote it yesterday to boosts understanding and steps to clear all disagreements. But what had happen just today?
Even more scolding from side to side.


THE MAIN PROBLEM IS:
BOTH SIDES CAN'T GIVE WAYS TO BOTH SIDES.
BOTH SIDES FAILS TO UNDERSTAND BOTH SIDES.

If you can solve this....PEACE!!

Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

I would propose we close the case. This will never end.

Non-prude: I still don't agree with what you said - because personally, I do think your arguments are warped and your analysis very prejudiced. Also, because you cannot tell tone from the printed word, I do get the feeling that some of the arguments that you put forth are really unjustified and very skewed towards your own subjective opinions. To the point of being offensive and insensitive, if I may say.

Maybe that was not your intention, but for someone older than moi, I would expect more maturity from you than those comments that you have written above.

I am sure you do not agree with me, but it doesn't matter really cos I do not even know who you are.

Of course, I am not saying all I want to hear are praises and good comments. I welcome controversy and differences in opinions anytime. However, I cannot say that I would feel the same for remarks that are highly negative and sometimes degatory.

Again you may not agree that your comments are "highly negative and sometimes degatory", but I am not looking for a defence statement from you. I am merely stating how I feel about your comments.

Lastly, I don't think you understand what I was trying to say to you, because you were so bent on putting your viewpoints across, even though to me, they hardly make sense.

FYI - I don't think I am being provoked. More amused actually - and the reason why I responded to your comments in the first place was because I thought you would understand. But I guess I was wrong again. My judgement in men has always been flawed. :)

Again, you are entitled to your own opinion. I have decided not to respond to those comments you've made anymore because whatever I say will not make a difference, will it?

Somehow in my bones I even have a feeling that you are doing this to create more "activity" or "commotion" in my blog, which you have been pretty successful so far, I must say. 40 over comments for one blog entry is really a record breaker for me.

By the way, JF is really a good friend of mine - so do exercise some restraint on your part and stop provoking him.

Last but not least Starlandliu: You are the worst peacemaker I have ever seen in my entire life.

Bee said...

JF said: "B, I've always been ok though I was upset initially. Anyway, someone somewhere somehow has gotta let go, if not, we all can't move on."

ya... thanks!

Elvina said: "I would propose we close the case. This will never end."

i second that. =)

just a little of my thought abt this forum-like comments b4 i leave this post... it's no point 'fighting' with an unknown 'enemy'... u will never win even if u r 100% right (pls dont take my terms literally). thus i will never respond to those who comment so much w/o disclosing their identities (not just a nick).

Peacekeeper, Starlandliu said...

Tan, are you joking or a real comment?

Farewell to the singaporelandliu said...

All right, this will be my final ever last comment for you.

Again, I am not pointing at you, you are venting your angers at me.
Said starlandliu is worst will not make you a better fighter.
You want to said worst is all you can. At least I tried all my best to stop you and non-plude from shooting each other.
And yet you shoot me back.
You think I like to do this busybody business, is it?
I got alot of things to do better staying here and got bombed by you.

And what did you do so far?
From what I read all the 48 comments.
You always stand on your main positions without sparing a thought for others.
How to keep a peace if one side and double sides can't agreed to it, right?
You are a christian and I am a free-thinker. Of course we can't agreed with each other, you know?
One thing is still the same was; we are all humans, all singaporeans.
Why can't we sit down and think long and long to peace instead of fighting with one another.

Enough of my comment, end here at last.
I can only said to you was; stop depend on others to cover you up!
stop standing on your opinion at shot down others
stop insulting poor english learners.
and stop being so arrogant, will you at last be that?

Anyway, anytime, I know you will bounce back at me but I will not look at your comment anymore, so shoot me all the way you want and want. This only makes you look childish.

I had wrote down the solutions as a neutral line.
It is whether you want to listen or not.

I agreed to you again and bee to close this childish case in your reena tan's blog.

Lastly, if you think you are not that kind of person, don't take my words for real and if you are, please changed whatever you want to changed.

For non-plude, yes I agreed, some christian are very GODNESS, however, not all are like that, some of them are very kind I met before.

That's it! please understand my meanings.

I know that falcon will come back and said starlandliu, you this and you that.

tan will said starlandliu is a extra freaks or a inmature stupid kid.

Like I said whatever you do, is not my business, as a christian, you should be glad that a peacekeeper will help all of you to solve it, not said he is worst this and sucks that.
Is this a good image of christian?
What would I think of it?

ENOUGH OF YOUR CONFLICTS, END IT!

I got more future tasks awaits for me, all the best in your life!

Farewell, everyone including jade, tan, bee and non-plude, I will not come back anymore!

Bye and good luck!!

Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

*yay*

Jade Falcon Elite said...

ShapeshifterLiu got shot in the war. Wounded and staggered away into the darkness, murmuring why he ever did join the war. His heroic acts of peace-making, albeit unusual, still deserves commendation. His antics are a tad too comical and unusually funny, however, the bottom line is he tried to make peace.

But making peace is not simply a cease to a debate. True peace is true understanding of each other's positions and compromising on a certain stand. If making peace was so easy, the world wouldn't have plunged into a state of war.

Still, I would like to commend ShapeshifterLiu's brave attempts to make peace. 15 yr old must learn not to be so petty. I know ShapeshifterLiu will still come in and read this blog's comments. Remember Xishi n u? War has existed between:

Xishi - ShapeshifterLiu
Elvina - Jade
Bee - Jade
Shapeshifter - Elvina
Elvina - Prick

Common wat...... war is a common thing, no doubt no one likes it.

As to what B said, I agree that anonymous posting is a hassle. These people make irresponsible remarks and expect to get away with it. Thus only registered bloggers get to have a say in my own blog. This gives registered bloggers a heavy weightage in the things that they wanna put across in the comments box.

Its lively to debate like this, do kindly avoid personal attacks though. Be especially careful in dealing with religious issues and stereotyping of the general public.

Lastly, in this Elvina's blog, people like ShapeshifterLiu, Bee and JF (me la...) defend the author here fiercely because this is her world. Not yours or anonymous prick. We encourage her and build her up because that's what friends do. Friends dun tear each other down with negative derogatory comments and expect the victim of your cutting words to heal their wounds or see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I have no qualms to defend Elvina simply because I BELIEVE IN HER. If anyone thinks they wanna shoot their arrows at her, bring it on. I would say to these irresponsible people, KISS MY ASS!

These are what real friends are for: Love one another. Thus I will fight for her.

Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

*blink blink*

Kudious said...

No pint arguing with anonymous pple.. mayb they are the same person (whom we know?) who did this?? haha

anyway not impt.. just so shcok when i came to read this blog wif so many long comments.. keke

non-prude has not found a new nick said...

funny how you (elvina) and your bootlicker (jade) thought that what I wrote is merely my own "argument", "analysis", "opinion"?

Are you people living in singapore or in a cocoon? Have you people go around preaching at MRT stations or been preached to? That some bloody christians have been preaching outside mosque is a *fact* reported by every Singapore newspaper and which the government (under LKY) voiced concern in 1990 to archbishop Gregory(?) Yong. It was a huge mega controversy at that time. It is *not* my "argument" or "opinion"! Where were you at that time? dating too much in your secondary school and not reading up on current affairs? Such barbaric evangelism is still happening today and it is certainly not merely my "opinion", as you dismissed.

That some bloody christians have created disharmony in traditional chinese family by teaching its followers that kneeling to parents in wedding tea ceremony is satan worshipping, is a *fact* that has been well reported and even defended by those bloody christians in the newspapers. Actually, outside of the print media, if you are not living in a cocoon, you would have personally known such incidents from your bible fellowship or your relatives or friends. It is certainly *not* my "analysis" or point of view.

That, some bloody christian abused their occupational authority to propagate christianity is a *fact* that any singaporean would have come across. I myself had a primary school teacher who abuses our moral education lesson time to teach the bible! And recently, straits times had another report on it. It is not my "argument" or "opinion" or "analysis.

You can refer to here for more horror *fact*. Dismissing what is ocurring, as my "viewpoint" is really living under illusion. It is surprising that a singaporean can go through 30 years of life without having come personally into contact or heard personal encounters of what I wrote.

non-prude said...

Jade the self-apppointed "guardian" said: "Its not about me being a big brother to her."

of course it's not. I was exercising some self-restraint by using the "big brother" term :) Perversion sounds more like it. This thought that a girl needs you to be there to "protect" her, that she cannot take care of herself, that you must be around to "worry" and 'defend" her. Please lah! It's all part of your illusion. You were never a part of her close circle, unlike that mr. james, however much you deluded yourself to think otherwise. Time to wake up, brudder.


>> U dun go into people's "house" aka blog, and criticize this and that when u dun even own a "house" or blog?

Really? One need to be a home-ownder in order to criticise another home-owner? :) Maybe yes, maybe no. But that's for her to decide and she is very capable of doing that. (She can turn off anonymous comments easily in her blogger setting and if she does that, I will of course shut up quite happily because I respect every blogger's home-ownership). However, I note that thus far, she has not done that, and it is you who does not own this "house" that is acting as if your are the landlord! Your concept of "elvina needs me to stand by her, through thick and thin. She loves me doing that for her" is an illusion. Any brudder can see through your intentions and can tell you that it doesnt work like that.


>> No real bloggers like negative comments.

Eh, she got no mouth is it? Please lah, that's not the way to a girl's heart. Good guys (or in your case, pretending to be a good "guardian") always remain just friend. Time to wake up...


>> Elvina is too nice to raise an argument with you. She is diplomatic. I dun need to be.

yayaya, she is too nice, you gotta stand up for the little girl who love your protection very much, you are more important to her than mr. james. And you are part of her hotel solace (this last part is not my "argument", you wrote that yourself). I really feel embarass for you! You were never part of her hotel solace and will never be (because you are just a "good friend"). Can dont make me and other guy readers here feel embarrass for you or not? :)


>>I absolutely disagree with you on your assessment of christian people. I find some of them insincere and superficial however, they have not quite abused their positions of authority

are you living in singapore? You dont know that all the things I mentioned are *facts* that are experienced everyday in Singapore? When was the last time somebody preached to you on the street? never ever?
Your primary school and secondary school teachers has never preached to you and abuse their authority? And it has never happened to your friends? Time to get out of your shell, brudder!

non-prude said...

Correction:
when I wrote "You can refer to here for more horror *fact*.",
I actually meant "You can refer to here for more horror *fact*".

non-prude teach you something about women said...

Jade is under the illusion "... I BELIEVE IN HER. If anyone thinks they wanna shoot their arrows at her, bring it on. I would say to these irresponsible people, KISS MY ASS! These are what real friends are for: Love one another. Thus I will fight for her."


I dont think that famous mr. james did these things? neither did those before him did half of what you proclaim you will do. But these men ended up in her hotel solace and you did not (despite your thinking otherwise). Hey, brudder, who do you think you are kidding with your "(we are) real friends" talk. Your intentions are already very clear! But alas, you have not and will not achieve them... Read elvina's idol, blinkymummy's blog (the 1st para should enlighten you, hopefully). to understand more about what kind of guy end up as "real friends" and what kind end up on her list of ah bengs (her equivalance of elvina's hotel solace).

non-prude knows the way it works said...

>> My judgement in men has always been flawed. :)

hahaha! Well, judgement over the internet and in person will probably be different. If you know me personally, you probably would have think otherwise of me *ahem* For one, I wont be saying those undiplomatic and unkind (?) things face to face with a charming girl like you, knowing that you are a christian! hahaha :) (Jade, that's the way to go, not your "real friend... love on another...fight for her" nonsense. It doesnt work like that).


>> 40 over comments for one blog entry is really a record breaker for me.

Is it? I help break the record more for you by adding another 5 comments :)

Jade Falcon Elite said...

Stupid Prick,

U r not my "brudder". Your "Facts" r ridiculous. I am no christian dun speak for them, but u r a load of rubbish. Just because u encounter a few black sheeps from the media, u label the entire christian community as "bloody christians"?

We have got monks who go around temples to cheat kind people of donations, so does that make all monks evil? Or we have indian hindus killing pakistanis, so that makes Hindus "bloody Hindus"?

Like what Elvina said, your views are gravely distorted and twisted. U dun need anyone to correct ur views. U jus need a psychiatrist. Pathetic.

U seem to have a terrible understanding of what a friend is. For someone as stupid as u, I cannot be the least bothered to explain since u would not in the least have the brains either to understand. Even ShapeshifterLiu can learn to make peace, n u r not even close! So since u have such a warped understanding of what friends are, too bad for your pathetic life!

U said I was never like Mr James, never really part of her close circle. Maybe yes maybe no. But Elvina did say this. That I am her good friend. Now now now.... what about u? Who the heck r u anyway? Anonymous postings show u have no guts. Go to Rockson's blog and read the comments. U will find Elvina's opinion of anonymous comments posting such as one like yours! Ha!

Since u enjoy going into people's blog and start your Seditious Comments, u should just go along ur way and try ur luck with some other victims of yours. Your comments are unnecessary and devoid of manners. Elvina definitely has a mouth, she has ALREADY told u off. But being the thick skinned u, u jus like staying around, hanging around and making a nuisance of yourself.

So what about my intentions? Tell me? What the heck do u know? U make unjustifiable comments and waste everyone's time. From the way u r writing, apparently u r thinking I could get into Elvina's good books by being "nice" in her blog? Ha... Joker. Wake ur your stupid idiotic ideas. She already said I am her GOOD FRIEND. Ur puny pea brain is simply not big enough to contain those 10 alphabets. Ha!!!

Elvina has no idols. She admires Blinkymummy for her language abilities but that does not mean she idolises her. Crap statements by you.

U also mentioned to Elvina, "knowing u personally"????? Aiyo.... Ask Bee, Xishi and Elvina whether ur this kinda pattern and ridiculous view points are appreciated by them and if they would even contemplate knowing u! U already sound mentally crazy! Which girl in their right frame of mind would wanna know u? They must be out of their minds!

"Thats the way to go!" as said by u, is DEFINITELY NOT THE WAY. To Christians like them, Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.

For people like you, UR WAY IS THRU MY ASS!! Eat Shit!

Bee said...

JF siad: " Ask Bee, Xishi and Elvina whether ur this kinda pattern and ridiculous view points are appreciated by them and if they would even contemplate knowing u! U already sound mentally crazy! Which girl in their right frame of mind would wanna know u? They must be out of their minds!"

Aiyo... actually i wanted to keep my mouth shut, but u provoked me to say something here...

You said it, I am not out of my mind. :) An 'anonymous' fellow gave 2 super long one-sided views and criticism about christianity at my blog recently, but i chose not to respond at all... he wasted his own time writing, not mine....hehe. I will only respond to healthy debate where people are genuinely seeking to know the truth, no prejudice, and are willing to do their own 'homework'.

JF, knowing that those comments are not in any way constructive, and are there just to incite 'wars' and 'wasting time'... don't react to them lor... stay cool la.

Lastly, the fact that Elvina did not correct your claims has already speak for itself... so you don't have to say anything else. :)

Let's move on...

Cheers!

Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

Hmm. I thought LaoNiang specifically said CASE CLOSED. As much as I am "thrilled" to see 60 comments on this one entry, I think it's enough.

Non-Prude: The ONLY reason why I am not changing my settings to allow only registered bloggers to comment is because I am someone who is against the suppression of freedom of speech.

And that's exactly the same thing I commented in Rockson's latest entry as well, as JF has pointed out.

With freedom comes RESPONSIBILITY, so I feel one should not abuse this freedom to "incite" and stir up racists and religious issues.

I HAVE definitely read about Christians who have strayed, but I also HAVE read about all other people from all other religions who have done worse in the name of religion.

The only person here who has limited knowledge of the world outside seems to be you. You should read more before lamblasting everyone here with your one-sided opinions - which I have pointed out more than once.

I have read lots of editorials, journals, books, white papers, biographies, historial references and watched documentries and special programs that will easily crush your analysis above on Christians - and show you what atrocious horrors and cold-blooded acts other religions are capable of as compared to your microscopic views of the Christian teacher and librarian and those who preached outside the mosques.

Hence, allow me to take a stand now. I would very much want to close this case. Your MATURE comments on other entries are welcomed.

Last but not least, stop provoking my blog readers, particulary JF.

non-prude said...

ELVINA said > I HAVE definitely read about Christians who have strayed, but I also HAVE read about all other people from all other religions who have done worse in the name of religion.

You forgot to add these 3 words to the end of your sentence: "outside of singapore".

>The only person here who has limited knowledge of the world outside seems to be you.

Who is talking about the world? I am talking about Singapore. The person who has limited knowledge of *Singapore* seems to be you :)

> You should read more before lamblasting everyone here with your one-sided opinions

You should read more too about what happen in *singapore* before claiming that what I said about singapore's situation is one-sided "opinion".

> I have read lots of editorials, journals, books, white papers, biographies, historial references and watched documentries and special programs that will easily crush your analysis above on Christians

Really? I am most amused! Since when did there exist so many journals, books and documentries blah blah blah that compare the behaviour of christians versus non-christians in ***singapore*** aka the little red dot that half the world does not know until recently??? Been reading a lot about the world but little about Singapore again huh? What I wrote are factual news about *singapore* reported by news agency both within and without singapore.

> and show you what atrocious horrors and cold-blooded acts other religions are capable of as compared to your microscopic views of the Christian teacher and librarian and those who preached outside the mosques.

Who are you kidding? No religious group (including christianity) has done any atrocious horrors and cold-blooded acts in *singapore*! Don't psycho yourself and us, please! Racial riots in the past are exactly that: racial. Been reading too much about the world again huh? Get to know your own country first!

The only thing that is closer to (but not) atrocious horrors and cold-blooded acts in the *singapore* context are those people who preach that one should sever all ties with one's ethnic cultural practises, such as (a) wedding cultural tradition, (b) ethnic last rites at death, and (c) cultural practise of visiting ancestors' graves. It can be argued that such severance of ties are "atrocious horrors" and are "cold-blooded" to one's ethnic culture, elder family members and ancestors respectively. Is that what you are arguing? Do you know which religion in *singapore* teaches such severance of ethnic ties? Yah, I think you can rightly argue that these are "atrocious horrors" and "cold-blooded acts". I am glad you realise that.



> BEE said: An 'anonymous' fellow gave 2 super long one-sided views and criticism about christianity at my blog recently,

You, by commenting on my post in this blog and then putting the inverted quotation marks over the word "anonymous", seem to imply that you think that fellow is me. It's not me. I have not visited your blog before (not all blogs are worth my visit). But, I am amused that someone has decided to give you a earful. So now, out of curiousity, I clicked on your profile and visited your webpage. Damn it! Took me 10 good minutes to click through all comments on the frontpage to find the "criticism" that you were talking about. And until now I still cannot find it, because nothing matched your description. The closest are 1 long and 1 short (not 2) comments under your blogpost "where is love". Are those what you were referring to? But cannot be wat. The long post is a direct long excerpt from your bible. Surely, you are not calling your own bible a "one-sided views and criticism about christianity", are you? Doesn't make sense. But if you aren't, I cannot find any other anti-christianity post. So can you tell me where I can find the comments that you were referring to? I am curious what other "anonymous fellow" has to say about your religion.

Your goose-pimple-producing webpage is a total waste of my time. I was expecting to find someone commenting directly on christianity, similar to what I did here. And all that I found was a long passage extracted directly from the bible that talks about how your God curse here and there. Chey! What's new? The entire old testament is full of that. What is new (to me) however is your idea that the old testament are "criticism about christianity"! But well, you people are good at picking and choosing

> You said it, I am not out of my mind. :)

Neither am I :) I am going to stay out of your goose-pimple-producing webpage from now on! It is really 肉麻当有趣!



> JADE said: From the way u r writing, apparently u r thinking I could get into Elvina's good books by being "nice" in her blog?

Please lah! Until now, you still want to hide behind phrases like "good books"?!? Your intentions aka motives are too clear and too obvious, my brudder, and no amount of wringling back and forth is going to hide it. And oh, I can afford to call you "brudder" because it is not me whose intentions and motives got exposed, hence I am still quite cool and relax. YOu on the other hand, seems to have lost your cool after being told that you are "(only) GOOD FRIEND". It's not the words in bold that made you mad, but the unspoken implied word in parenthesis, right? Ouch. No wonder you lose your temper and write like this:

> For people like you, UR WAY IS THRU MY ASS!! Eat Shit!

I understand your frustration. "GOOD FRIEND"! hahaha. Forgive you :)

non prude said...

> Stupid Prick,

relax lah, brudder. No need to get so worked-up after having your intentions exposed. It's not as if she doesnt know what you were up to prior to what I wrote. I was merely spelling it out, that's all...

> Just because u encounter a few black sheeps from the media, u label the entire christian community as "bloody christians"?

Who labels the "entire christian community"? you? I was merely referring to those black sheeps as "bloody christians".

> We have got monks who go around temples to cheat kind people of donations, so does that make all monks evil? Or we have indian hindus killing pakistanis, so that makes Hindus "bloody Hindus"?

Not monks la, these are ordinary folks (some from china) who put on a robe and masqurade as monks. Kana caught by police and sent back to China. Lots of such news in the newspaper. You can't read? And, it's not about hindus killing pakistanins, you moron! It's about indians (who happen to be hindus) who are fighting pakistanis over disputed land. It's abouit sovereignty, not religion! But in the case of christianity, those people are "stray christians" using Elvina's word i.e. they may have strayed, but they are still christians.

> U jus need a psychiatrist. Pathetic.

if you still think that your motives are not obvious to her, that's when you need a psychiatrist. I would hesitate to call you pathetic, but the word "pitiful" comes to mind...

> U seem to have a terrible understanding of what a friend is. For someone as stupid

oh, i understand that very well. Which is why I can sympathise with you losing your cool on reading her clarification that you are "(only) good friend", which is why I am being so tolerant to your tirade. You have my sympathy

> U said I was never like Mr James, never really part of her close circle. Maybe yes maybe no.

Until now you are still harbouring this "maybe yes" in your heart?!? Oh my goodness me, I can't believe you. You are "(only) good friend". nothing more. Mr. james, on the other hand, is "(more than) good friend". Must spell out those words in parenthesis clearly for you meh? cannot take a hint?

> But Elvina did say this. That I am her good friend. Now now now.... what about u?

ya ya ya, and I hope you will get over her clarification soon.

> Who the heck r u anyway? Anonymous postings show u have no guts.

I am merely someone who cannot tahan your style of praising her for everything she writes, your style of telling every newcomer that you "know her in person", your style acting as if you are a big brother that is needed because she is so weak etc.
Thought it is about time you be told that you are only a "good friend". (Damn, it does pain me to keep having to type the word "only". can't you just get it?)

> Go to Rockson's blog and read the comments. U will find Elvina's opinion of anonymous comments posting such as one like yours! Ha!

What?!? Rockson's blog has 500 comments on average for each post he make! And you actually go through them to find Elvina's opinion, and remember what she writes! Well, I am beginning to respect your dedication. Apparently, it goes beyond merely worshipping the ground she blog on (to borrow xiaxue's word), to include worshipping all grounds that she visit. WIth such dedication, no wonder you find it hard to swallow the "good friend" part.

> But being the thick skinned u, u jus like staying around, hanging around and making a nuisance of yourself.

I learnt from a good teacher, you, mah! If you, being a non-anonymous, can still stay around and hang around and even follow and search her out among 500 comments on rockson's blog, despite being clarified as a good friend (add that word in parenthesis yourself), I, being anonymous, can of course, afford to have a thick (but still much thinner than your) skin :)

> So what about my intentions? Tell me? What the heck do u know? U make

What the heck do I know? You mean you still find my already very obvious writing not obvious enough for you? You really want me to spell it out and leave you absolutely no room to manouver? I am not that unkind. Let's just leave what I know to: he lost his temper after I mocked him about his intentions and after she further "confirms/clarify" (these 2 words shall be my most unkind words ever on your intentions. If you still dont know "what the heck do I know", then that's just too bad for you) that they are only (again another unkind word) "good friend".

> unjustifiable comments and waste everyone's time. From the way u r writing,

you will be wasting your time if you still dont wake up.

> Wake ur your stupid idiotic ideas. She already said I am her GOOD FRIEND. Ur puny pea brain is simply not big enough to contain those 10 alphabets. Ha!!!

are you scolding yourself? yes, Mr. jade, it's time to wake up from your stupid idiotic ideas. She already said you are her GOOD FRIEND. Your puny pea brain is simply not big enough to contain another 4 alphabet that i wrote in parenthesis in paragraphs above, in addition to those 10 alphabets? Ha!!!

> Elvina has no idols. She admires Blinkymummy for her language abilities but that does not mean she idolises her. Crap statements by you.

ya ya ya. I was using the word "idol" in a secular english way, and you gotta come to out remind me that as a christian, she doesn't idolise another fellow human. Please lah! You not tired from your self-proclaimed guardian role man? She doesnt need you to be more than good friend, you know? You should leave this guardianship role to mr. james and others in her hotel solace.

> U also mentioned to Elvina, "knowing u personally"?????

hahahaha! You getting ballistic with my "IF I know her personally"? No surprise, no surprise. As I mentioned before, you have been defending your "turf" by telling every newcomer that you know her in person. Having dedicated and invested so much, no wonder you are now so sensitive even over an "IF I....". Feel sorry for you.

> Aiyo.... Ask Bee, Xishi and Elvina whether ur this kinda pattern and ridiculous
view points are appreciated by them and if they would even contemplate knowing u! U already sound mentally

Cheah. As if they are the only girls around in this world. Mr. Jade, I really must remind you that dedicating all your time to visiting these 3 girls blog, making comments on every post that they make and following them around to whatever blog they visit is not going to get you beyond (another unkind word) the "good friend" part. Please, brudder, dont disgrace us all by becoming like that. There are others in this world...

> crazy! Which girl in their right frame of mind would wanna know u? They must be out of their minds!

Have you wondered why you are still "good friend" of the 3 above despite dedicating your time to them by doing what i described above? Ans: which girl in their firhgt frame of mind would ..... (fill in the blanks yourself. Even an unkind person like me have his limit to the degree of unkind words that I can put into my writing).

> "Thats the way to go!" as said by u, is DEFINITELY NOT THE WAY. To Christians like them, Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.

I was talking about "the way to go (to achieve what you wanted to achieve, which I already said is very obvious to everyone)". No need for you to turn it into "the way to go (to gain salvation)". The fact that a non-christian like you (which elvina said is quite critical of christianity) can purposely write like that is understandable in the context of what you want to do. But let me remind you again: That's not the way to go, brudder!

I think after this long thing that I wrote, Elvina had better turn off her anonymous commenting feature, for your sake. OTherwise, you are going to feel so upset by her inaction. Sigh.... you just can never face up to the "good friend" part, can you?

Kudious said...

tink non-prude is having fun here by entertaining himself.. haha

the comment is just too lengthy(or shld i say loh soh? oops), din really read all thethe points that non-prude mention.. keke

Kudious said...

BTW i came to read the comments cos our DEAR friend Starladliu.. he told me non-prude start the blasting again.. mmm

starlandliu always so updated on this.. wonder y.. haha maybe he cares about Jade and Reena.. oops..

Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

Xishi: Hahaha... he is a dear little boy. That's why despite his farewells, he will always be around.

Non-prude: Sigh. I am glad I don't know you personally.

Jade Falcon Elite said...

Wow! That prick still hanging around? keke.... Elvina, u were right. That prick really came back after the 61st comments posting. Hehe...I am finding him rather amusing.

Still like Starlandliu more. Pricks are a torture to our eyes.

Xishi, I totally agree with what you say! Hahahah.....

prude and proud said...

i agree with non-prude. there is a small group of mis-guided and over-zealous Christians who do more disservice to the faith by mindless evangelizing. but that's not the issue here.

this blog has been hijacked for a personal thrashing out session.

so let me add to it.

jade, you are absolutely right - elvi has a mouth (perhaps you've found its sweet location?) and can speak for herself very well. she doesn't need no big bird brain to defend her. if you already know that, why do you still make a big display of it? is it for our benefit? or are you just pissing around on your territority like some love-sick dog? or is this act just for elvi's eyes? what's your deal man? are you the bodyguard or the boyfriend? make up your mind. your croaching tiger and hidden dragon act is looking very silly indeed.

Jade Falcon Elite said...

Stupid idiot. U and non-prude is one and the same. What a joke.

prude and proud said...

is that all you can come back with? you haven't come clean with any answers. don't avoid my questions.

clearly you are a big bird brain to think non-prude and me are one and the same.

and wah, you damn free hor, can read elvi's blog 24/7. and actually bother to read all 69 comments! i'll bet you'll read this 70th one the minute i publish it.

and if you're a gentleman, please do refrain from profanities. you're in the presence of a lady.

non-prude said...

JADE, I am NOT "prude and proud". But well, I know of no way to convince you, so if you insist that we are one and the same, i can't help you with your stupidity, except to point out that: can't you detect that "prude and proud" is a Christian? Look at the way he/she qualifies the people I bashed by words like "small group", "mis-guided", "over-zealous". He/she even call himself/herself "prude and proud" implying that it is ok to be a prude (christian), and that he/she is proud of it.

PRUDE AND PROUD, hahaha! Even though Jade and others think we are the same person, but we both know we are not. So, I am happy to see that there is another person thinking about Jade the way I do! :) YOur So, is my analysis of you in the above paragraph correct? (tell me leh, I want to see if my sixth sense and ability to read between the lines is good or I am simply being over-sensitive in drawing conclusion).

ELVINA, you say you are glad that you don't know me personally. Are you sure? :) Online personality is misleading and deceiving, you know? Maybe you do know me personally and I am a Mr. nice guy in real life? Then again, maybe you don't know me, but one day, when I get the mood to go seek you out (your photo online and the tourism field is not that big), I will be so refined and so nice that you are so glad you know me? It's not entirely impossible, you know? :) Afterall, I don't go around bashing Christians in my real life. In fact, my ex is a Christian, you know? Hmmm, maybe my next girlfriend is going to be you! hahahaha. After all, on tv, guys and gals who are enemies in the beginning often ended up as couples in the end. It's often like that in real life too. Have a nice day.

(And I hope after reading this, Jade is not going to start being your mouth-piece again, or get so agitated by my verbal "flirting"(he is very sensitive, so he may think it this way) with you! hahaha! The last time, I merely wrote: "IF I know you personally...", and he got so agitated and worked up. hahaha!)

XISHI wrote: " tink non-prude is having fun here by entertaining himself.. haha". Yah! You are right. It's very fun and entertaining! That's why I keep having to write "hahaha" throughout. Haha! Better than writing my own blog which nobody will read ('cos I dont have a pretty face (not you, I mean Elvina) to attach to my profile).

Need for Speed Most Chaos said...

Out of all 70 comments, more than half are actually bombardment statements.

Is it a retarded, retaliate or a heroic acts?

prude and proud said...

dear non-prude, no, i am not a christian. i am a prude in other ways. and the handle is also an expression of solidarity with your views. and yes, jade is not very bright. he is the Triple B mah - big bird brain. perhaps he thinks we're one and the same because he himself has a knack of hiding behind different nicks to post comments? just a theory, don't be too brutal on me if i'm wrong, aye Tripe B?

dear need for speed most chaos, let me begin by saying you have a gift for stating the obvious and rephrasing what others have said before - way before. you should have a bright future in copy-writing: write by copying. but first, may i suggest, you mind your grammar:
(1) "a heroic act" - no "s" after "act."
(2) "retarded" is an adjective. "retaliate" is a verb. "a heroic act" is a phrasal noun. your sentence should be rephrased as something like "Is this retarded, retaliatory or just heroics?"

most obviously it is retaliatory. most of it is probably "retarded" - i do hate to use that word. is it heroic? well, like beauty, it's in the eye of the beholder. the one who matters most here is elvi.

to me, it's been a joy. of cos, i'm pressing your buttons here cos i have theory too about you. if i'm wrong, my sincerest apologies for being a cocky twit.

Peacekeeper, Starlandliu said...

Can you prude and proud stop it?

Peacekeeper, Starlandliu said...

Based on what I saw so far, it was non-plude who started this arguements in the beginning.

Finally war is over but you, prude and proud added fuels to the ashes and burned it all over again.

A talented Englisher should used his English talents to stop war instead.

A war creator do not deserved to be proud.

Jade Falcon Elite said...

Ha ha ha ha ha.... Starlandliu, dun stop them. Keke... let them continue. They are just simply so amusing and adorable! Hahaha... Let them. Let them.

*clap* *clap* *clap*
Hey prude and non prude, continue entertaining us. I am enjoying it! Hehehe.....
Have fun!

Peacekeeper, Starlandliu said...

.......................

prude and proud and contrite said...

dear starlandliu,

i am most sorry. i corrected your grammar because i thought you (as need for speed most chaos) were Triple B. i was pressing his buttons. i said so in my post above, in a rather covert manner. i do however think you should spend more time brushing up your grasp of the language than playing peace keeper, games or pool. i say that with the best intentions because as a 15 year old, your school grades, particularly your English grades, should be your priority, not some silly online war.

i am not proud of my "English talents" (sic). nor proud that i was a "war creator". i am proud to be a prude of sorts.

i stated my intentions of my posts very clearly - to add to the jade bashing. i apologise you were caught in the cross-fire. i didn't mean to cause you grief.