I'm a simple girl with a li'l dream, of seeing her humble works in exquisite print, to share with all who feels for words, written with
an unsupressable urge. So indugle in my fantasies, and plow your way through my memories, greatly appreciated you will be,
if you can leave your comments here for me.


Saturday, October 15, 2005

My World

It's been a whirlwind week.

Looking back, I realised I have come a pretty long way.

From the day I started blogging till now, I've made some pretty interesting friends. I don't know who they are. Don't know where they come from. Don't know what they do. Don't know how they look like.

Many who read my ramblings - are mere acquaintances. Passer-bys who got to know me through reading the little bits of myself that I reveal online every day. In time to come, they'd know more about me than I would about them.

I know they are around me, hovering near...trying to find out what went on in my life today. Even if it offers nothing more than a little glimpse into my world, these "friends" are there. Loitering around, waiting for the next update.

You know who you are. You are the one who dropped me a note to tell me you are worried. You are the one who wanted me to know that you still care. You are the one who hung around to see if I am ok. You are the one who show your silent support in many little ways that touched me.

Thanks for not giving up on me.

You do not really know me, but yet you are there - rooting for me.
It's a nice feeling. And I really appreciate that.

I have nothing much to offer. But this little blog.

If you like what you read, then do stick around. I will continue to share my world with you, because I know you really care.

And most of all, because I know, no matter what happens, you will still be there.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will always be there =)

sÞ¡ηηєє said...

It's just a phase. Time will wash away the pain... (comes the sun and dry the rain)...

cheers~

Richard said...

Elvina wrote: "And most of all, because I know, no matter what happens, you will still be there."

I am one of those passer bys. I randomly stumbled across your blog and felt, for some reason, I had something to add. Had you not posted back on my blog, I would have never come back (because I never bookmark blogs and you would have been lost forever - or until the next time I randomly stumbled across you).

I have developed a liking for your writings and musings, but I cannot promise I will always be there. This is not because I choose to abandon people, but rather it is the empirical experience of many years or losing touch with very dear people. (On the other hand, maybe I am over estimating my importance - as mentioned in an earlier comment, I'm pretty blind to social cues ;-)

Take care.

I like the four-panelled image at the top (which I interpret as Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring)

Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

Yes Richard! You are quite a keen observer. It is an artwork depicting the change in seasons. :)

Though you may be a passer-by, but you have been dropping by blog ever so often. You have unknowingly become one of my most valued guest/visitor.

Don't ever underestimate your presence here. If you were to disappear one day, you can be darn sure you will be badly badly missed!

Anonymous said...

Ya, this is the 1st time i'm reading this blog. Ya, i cannot promise i'll be back and be there for anyone, but with all the attention you getting with your blog, you dont need to be missing anyone. You have yourself

Anonymous said...

Oh forgot to mention. You are also very gd at encouraging ppl. though some of your blog seems to discourage many.

Oh Richard, it's not rocketscience to know it's the 4 seasons you know... she's just being nice... hahaha... oops