I'm a simple girl with a li'l dream, of seeing her humble works in exquisite print, to share with all who feels for words, written with
an unsupressable urge. So indugle in my fantasies, and plow your way through my memories, greatly appreciated you will be,
if you can leave your comments here for me.


Thursday, October 20, 2005

Cool Blog Tools

For those of you who are into blogging like moi, it's always wise to back up your files. If you are using Word, or w.bloggar or WordPress, you wouldn't have a problem as your files would be saved in another format anyway.

But if you are blogging your entire life through Blogger's interface, I would strongly recommend that you back up your entries using this cool software called the Website Copier. The software allows you to download a World Wide Web site from the Internet to a local directory, building recursively all directories, getting HTML, images, and other files from the server to your computer. This means that it creates a mirror website of your blog, so that you can also view it offline. Simply open a page of the "mirrored" website in your browser, and you can browse the site from link to link, as if you were viewing it online.

You would also have noticed that I have a li'l new item on my blog. It's a subscription service which allows my readers to subscribe to my blog and be updated via email every time I put up a new entry! Install Bloglet on your blog if you like to keep your friends updated on your blog entries.

Last but not least, if you are looking to change the look and feel of your blog, check out BlogSkins, Blogfrocks and Primp My Blog. You can find many original creations from people who simply have too much time on their hands! :)

Being the geek that I am, you can be sure I will be surfing for more cool stuff. Watch this space.


7 comments:

Richard said...

Cool! I'll have to check them out.

Is that how you moved everything to your new blog?

Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

It's how I changed the look and feel for the blog. I do not need to copy the entire blog to move it. Just have to republish it under a different URL -- under Settings.

Tan Kok Seng said...

Thanks, very useful for newbies like me. :-)

Beth said...

hey, thanks for sharing... will try them out soon. :)

Beth said...

elvina, i like to read your blog very much, but the black background and white font is making it very strenuous for my eyes... i get headache reading it after awhile. If u could revert it to lighter background like before would be better... but pls don't feel obligated to do it as others might like what u have now.

just to give you my feedback on this new blog colour scheme... hope it wont offend u ya.

Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

thanks bee. sorry for giving u a headache! haha...

i guess you just have to get used to it for now....cos this is the default color.... :P

Richard said...

I have to echo Bee on the font color - I don't suppose you would consider changing it to yellow?

Yellow on black is easier to read than white on black.

But, don't worry, it hasn't turned me away yet.

Nice to know you only need to republish to a different blog - not that I planning to do that any time soon