I'm a simple girl with a li'l dream, of seeing her humble works in exquisite print, to share with all who feels for words, written with
an unsupressable urge. So indugle in my fantasies, and plow your way through my memories, greatly appreciated you will be,
if you can leave your comments here for me.


Monday, August 29, 2005

Who I Am In Your Eyes

Yen told me an interesting thing last night. Apparently, there was an article in this month's issue of Her World, where a guy claims that sweet girls make him diabetic. He added that in a recent research, for Singaporean men, "sweet and demure" top their Most Wanted list for girls.

I think I know why. The sweet and demure girl somehow never fails to melt your heart, with that vulnerability in their eyes, their smile, their words, their actions and most importantly, their saccharine sweet looks.

I have a girlfriend who's exactly like that. Everything from her looks to her voice, from her giggles to her words, from her behaviour to her personality, from her dressing to her nail colour, every part of her screams "SWEET & DEMURE". At one of our Social Networking Nights, out of a group of 5 guys who met her for the first time, 3 were completely swooning over her.

Knowing I could never be sweet and demure, I hence decided to embark on a little survey, with a completely unrepresentative sample size.

So, in my pursuit of uncovering the awful truth, I cannot help but wonder - what do guys really think about me?

Without disclosing the identities of those who took part in this li'l survey, here's what I found out about myself:

(1) Melancholic
(2) Opinionated
(3) Strong willed
(4) Sensitive
(5) Emotional
(6) Expressive
(7) Loving
(8) Sweet
(9) Attractive
(10) Magnetic
(11) Comfy (I was told that I exude comfort; very comfortable to be with)
(12) Caring
(13) Cheerful
(14) Hardworking
(15) Carefree
(16) Friendly

Some others pointed out other traits of mine - such as: Stubborn, Ambitious, Sensual, Intense, Loyal, Confident and yes, not forgetting FUNNY.

Somehow I feel they use those lovely words above because they are simply too sweet to me tell the brutal truth about myself. Put the above traits together, you may actually get a very desirable woman! But that is so far from the truth, painted by such poignant words from very forgiving friends.

I do appreciate all these beautiful and politcally correct comments. I am sure there are more, and if you want to contribute to the infamous list above, let me know. I will put it up and ponder over it. I am not even totally sure that those attributes mentioned above belong to me. As much as they can boost one's self-esteem, they also made me wonder if I really do exhibit these traits - consciously or otherwise.

Hence, I searched my soul once again for an answer, looking into the depths of my heart.

No answer lies there.

4 comments:

The Green Dildo said...

KICK ASS FRIEND! YOU FORGOT THAT ONE! :D

Beth said...

Dear sister,

Yes, there is a human tendency to compare and envy... but...

Firstly, "Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." Proverbs 31:30

The woman I respect and is learning to be is found in Proverbs 31 ( http://bible.gospelcom.net/passage/?book_id=24&chapter=31&version=31 )

Secondly, "I am (you are) fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalms 139:14 ( http://bible.gospelcom.net/passage/?book_id=23&chapter=139&version=31 )

Thank God that we are precious in His sight. And we only need ONE person to treasure us... the rest doesn't matter :)

Cheers!

Beth said...

Hello JF, twin also think differently ok... hehe

Anonymous said...

Come to yr blog thru a link in FK.

Read some of the thing u wrote. (I will be back for more…)

Admire yr attitude toward life. Well, “who u are”, from my point of view :
“U are one who live your life, U are one who try to leave some mark during your journey…”

All the other “descriptive” words are secondary… Enjoy your life, Live it to the fullest.

That’s all I have for you.

I roam this land looking for a purpose, not knowing that is the purpose…