I'm a simple girl with a li'l dream, of seeing her humble works in exquisite print, to share with all who feels for words, written with
an unsupressable urge. So indugle in my fantasies, and plow your way through my memories, greatly appreciated you will be,
if you can leave your comments here for me.


Thursday, July 22, 2004

Thank you for the Rain

I love the rain.

When it falls through the trees and onto the ground, it creates a constant humming and rustling sound.  The falling rain - in a subtle way - reaches into the depths of my heart. Each and every rain drop whispers to me - and gives me comfort like a good friend does.

The rain listens - silently but steadily. The comfort brings an odd sense of calm - and there I remain, protected by the rain's sanctuary. When it trickles, it makes a  jazz-like music on the window pane, the pavement, the car and everything it comes into contact with.

I smile. That's what friends are for isn't it? The rain drops by occasionally - like a good pal. Patiently - it embraces my heart, soothing it with its melodious voice, and washes away the pain.  And there I see remnants of my past slipping away, twirling into oblivion.

Sometimes when the rain comes, I can feel its burden.  That's when i sit by my bed, and listen to the tender and aching sound of the rain. It brings with it the Lord's tears - He was saddened by the uncaring world, sinking deeper into sin.  He was worried when He saw my struggles, and was extremely concerned that I do not bring them up to Him.  He even cries when He saw me hurting. The rain tells me so, in her soft little way.

So there I was on my kness.... my head bowed. I am both consoled and humbled by the rain and what it tells me.  I poured out my grief to the pouring rain - hoping it will carry the beat of my heart to the Lord.

The rain, comes and goes - fleeting as it seems - but its loyalty to me and the Lord is unquestionable. It heals. It comforts. It soothes. It listens. It emphatizes. It understands. It brings the Lord to me, and me to Him. 

I thank Him for the rain.


No comments: