I'm a simple girl with a li'l dream, of seeing her humble works in exquisite print, to share with all who feels for words, written with
an unsupressable urge. So indugle in my fantasies, and plow your way through my memories, greatly appreciated you will be,
if you can leave your comments here for me.


Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Sleep

Image by `pyros


People have always wondered why I sleep so late. Some even believe that I don't ever sleep. I used to tell them I work better at night. My productivity and efficiency levels are interestingly much higher after the sun sets on everyone else's ass. Of course, I didn't convince that many people with that crappy excuse.

Then I explained that because I have a regional portfolio and report to our HQ in London, I actually have to work two shifts. Hence, when everyone has knocked off for the day, my 2nd shift would have started as that's the time when London clocks in at work.

That went down better with the skeptics - and I was let off the hook for a while. It wasn't long before people started to question if my bosses were barbaric tyrants, and my story was starting to make them look like unreasonable assholes.

Eventually I realised that I am in fact trying to maximise my waking hours as much as I can - with the objective of living my life to the fullest. I want to stay awake as long as possible so that I can do all the things I really want to do (which I can't when I am at work) - be it blogging, Facebooking, surfing the net, downloading (whatever), watching TV, gyrating to Xbox Kinect's Dance Central, listening to music, reading my favourite book or planning a party.

Every hour I spend sleeping is an hour of opportunity cost - at least for me and all the things I want to occupy my life with. If time is not a perishable commodity, I would have loved to store it in my cookie jar to be used at a later date. But precisely because it's not at my disposal to use as and when I want to use it, I am compelled to consume as much of it as I can whenever I am awake.

The funny thing is - I do love sleeping as much as I love staying awake. I am such a walking dilemma.
 

“Soon will I rest, yes, forever sleep. Earned it I have. Twilight is upon me, soon night must fall.” ~ Yoda

2 comments:

Braddie G said...

I am a night owl who doesn't sleep even if the world is sleeping at night. I sometimes think it happens because of Insomnia. Buy Etizolam if you are also facing the same issue.

Daniel Biggs said...

Mental health is important when it comes to taking care of health. Health and mental state are both connected to each other. If your mind is free of emotional and mental obstacles then you can live a healthy life.

Buy Etilaam online