I'm a simple girl with a li'l dream, of seeing her humble works in exquisite print, to share with all who feels for words, written with
an unsupressable urge. So indugle in my fantasies, and plow your way through my memories, greatly appreciated you will be,
if you can leave your comments here for me.


Saturday, October 07, 2006

what have i done?


looking at my to do list today, i discovered i have 9 events this month! was i in a trance when i planned for these events? the invites, logistics, rsvps, presentations...gee... maybe Elvina is trying to remove me from the face of this earth so that she can truly exist without me.

that's my lifelong affliction. i get so immersed with my job that i will take on projects after projects - as if i have an insatiable appetite for work. then i will start wondering why i can never finished my stuff. do a quick checklist and horrors! - it runs 4 pages long.

photo taking session for senior management team. rugby gala dinner. tree top hill run with senior level clients. movie screening of The Departed. cooking competition with clients. three forums where my bosses have been invited to participate as panelists. and one CEO breakfast seminar.

i used to think my job expects too much from me. but then, each new job i end up with seems to consume more of me than the previous one. i figured that either i have subconsciously taken on careers that are hiding behind the facades of Nazi torture camps, or i am gravely afflicted with OCDWWIC - Obssessive Compulsive Disorder Where Work Is Concerned.

anyway, this post is also a lame excuse for me to buy some time before my next post - where i shall be posting my responses for the previous post. i have read all your comments and wow - am i impressed. with all those wonderful advice, maybe i should start a dedicated counselling blog for friends or bloggers with REAL love/relationship issues, and invite all of you to offer that sincere agonising aunty advice. the different perspectives and viewpoints have made the last post - a truly heartwarming and wonderful read.

i feel quite extra now.

but i do love an interactive blog. and it's only possible when you guys take the time to share and pen your thoughts. personally, i learnt so much from all of you, and each of you.

don't stop dropping by, even if i am drowning in the load of shit that i've created for myself. i will be back with more inspirations, more musings & more of meself (assuming you are even interested).

till the next time i blog incoherently just to fill this black blob of space, stay healthy and wash your hands after visiting the loo.

this is elvina - reporting live from her pile of shit.

19 comments:

njs said...

Take care of yourself...

Don't overworked beyond your body limit again...

Cheerios.

Anonymous said...

Pardon me but I can't help but notice that those projects that you listed are pretty social in nature.

Are those part of your core job scope?

If not, then it appears to me that you are a bit distracted.

Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

of course part of my job scope. we have very senior clients that we need to maintain relationships with. so social events are one of the marketing strategies. something like what all the chamber of commerces would do - golf tournaments, wine tasting, networking dinners, lunch seminars etc.

Anonymous said...

It appears that we are broadcasting from the same pile of shit, eh?

Take care Elvina =)

Anonymous said...

Dearest Elvina,

Although, the Key to releasing your potential is Work,


The Key to Life is Balance.

Cheers

Richard said...

Doesn't sound suprising of the Elvina I know.

Face it, you like to be busy.

I used to knock myself out at work, but have discovered that even if I just show up to keep my seat warm it seems to be enough. (Of course, they lack of fulfillment is dreadful).

Anonymous said...

I'd have to agree with Richard.

This does indeed sound like the Elvina that we've come to know and love....

I guess it happens to us from time to time. When we say "Yes, ok" without any forethought, only to have it come back and bite us later.

Just pace yourself (pls... no more working till 11pm / 1am every night like what you did in the past).

You've been so busy I hardly ever see you on MSN anymore......

Bored Dad said...

Hi Elvina,

Long time didn't comment in your blog but trust me that I do drop by very often. :)

While I agrees with Richard and Gary about you, and yet I just like to add that I'm sure you know what you're capable of handling, managing or even knowing your abilities to cope with all these projects, I do believe that you took them on with full confidence that you can manage them well, and I have no doubt that you really can do that, it's in you!

The only thing remind is that you will need to remember to balance it off with your social life, and rest well.

All the best!

Tan Kok Seng said...

More money, more responsibilities, more work - story of us all...

Two thumbs up on the choice of movie for your screening. Suggest you follow it up with a screening of the original Infernal Affairs (get the original Cantonese version from Hong Kong).

P.s. I just received an email from your firm, I think. It would be funny to meet you in person professionally...

Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

eh? how do you know which firm I work in???? :P

and they email you for an interview?

Anonymous said...

Actually, i think a few of us know where you work lah hehe.

Btw, I just realized that I'm now working almost directly opposite your building hahaha (well, diagonally opposite anyway).

Relac ah! Before u know it, it'll all be over!

Tan Kok Seng said...

Your appointment made the news. I recognised the name.

I am a client of your firm but haven't done anything with you guys recently.

Gary, we must work in the same building... :-)

Now if only we could figure out where spinnee works...

Anonymous said...

Hmm TKS, dun think same building lah (can't find your name in my staff list hehehe)

But this area is so small, sure around the corner ;-)

Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

Aiya!!! CHUANG BANG ALREADY!!

Must hide my face LIAO! lol

Anyway, please use our services. We are top rated in terms of our services and consultants. and unbeatable in terms of marketing. that goes without saying of course.

by the way, my appointment made what news? which publications?

Tan Kok Seng said...

Marketing, July 2006, page 87.

Tan Kok Seng said...

Gary, I guess I must be diagonally across from her in the other direction...

Anonymous said...

Ok, we got 2 stalkers.... confirmed...... lol

Anonymous said...

Let's look on the bright side.

Getting stalked = got certain value ;-)

Hehehe.

Mockingbird said...

You need rest so you can walk an even longer journey.